Mississippi Building Blocks is a program designed to assist existing childcare centers in improving the school readiness of children. This is accomplished by expanding teaching and learning in licensed child care centers and strengthening parenting skills.
Our qualified staff works with early childhood professionals to enhance the quality of their practices and programs. Programs that participate in Mississippi Building Blocks will have the opportunity to:
- Improve classroom quality
- Expand the instructional practices of their teachers
- Increase family engagement
- Strengthen the business and administrative practices of center directors
- Develop age-appropriate knowledge and skills in children that will prepare them for school entry and life-long success